Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology together with the Chair and Department of Forensic Medicine of Medical University of Lublin invite to the 18th congress of our society which will take place in Lublin on 18th - 20th September 2019.
As an initiative of national society, the official language of the conference is Polish. However, our guests have always the opportunity to present their lectures in English.
The main theme of the Congress is “Forensic medicine and diagnostics – commonality of purpose, synergy of effects”.
Leading topics of the Congress will comprise various aspects of diagnostic procedures used in medico legal expertise.
Key topics (main sessions):
- Cooperation of experts with legal authorities
- Forensic imaging and visualizations of forensic data for courts
- Forensic toxicology and necrochemical diagnostics (toxicological markers)
- Forensic genetics – new perspectives beyond identification and kinship testing
- Other types of diagnostic studies used in medico-legal expertise and criminalistics.
Additional topics (thematic sessions):
- Current issues in medico-legal expertise in the aspects of social expectations
- Verification of medical malpractice
- Expert testimony in civil and insurance cases
- Assessment of crimes against life and health
- Reconstruction of injury mechanism and circumstances
- Forensic anthropology, odontology and entomology
- Medico-legal and toxicological case reports
Papers which combine various areas of forensic sciences will be selected for presentations at interdisciplinary plenary sessions.
Following workshops are planned during the Congress:
- Multimodal imaging for court forensic visualizations for courts with the use of different types of medical imaging
- GC/MS & LC/MS in toxicology
- Hypervariable mtDNA regions sequencing with NGS technology
- Panel discussion on selected aspects of medico-legal expertise (whiplash injury)
All participants and accompanying persons are encouraged to combine the scientific program with visiting tourist attractions of our over 700-years old town.
Congress takes place on the jubilee of 75 years of the Chair and Department of Forensic Medicine of Medical University of Lublin.
Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology
Chair and Department of Forensic Medicine of Medical University of Lublin
Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology (PTMSiK) was established during the Funding Assembly in 1938. After the break caused by World War II, the Society was reactivated took place in 1949.
The purpose of PTMSiK is to organize, foster and disseminate scientific research and practice in the field of forensic medicine, toxicology, genetics and other related sciences, as well as representing our community and promoting scientific achievements. One of the ways to implement the above goals is to organize nationwide scientific conferences. Such events gather the entire community of forensic physicians, toxicologists and forensic geneticists, as well as specialists from other fields of forensic science and professionally active prosecutors and judges. The foreign guests also participate in these meetings.
The PTMSiK Scientific Congresses have been held triennially since 1955 (initially every 5 years, then every 3 years) and are co-organized together with one of the forensic department of Medical Universities (each congress is traditionally held at other academic center).
List of the past Congress venues:
1st Congress (1955) WARSZAWA (WARSAW)
2nd Congress (1960) BIAŁYSTOK
3rd Congress (1965) WROCŁAW
4th Congress (1970) KRAKÓW
5th Congress (1975) GDAŃSK
6th Congress (1979) LUBLIN
7th Congress (1984) KATOWICE
8th Congress (1987) POZNAŃ
9th Congress (1992) BYDGOSZCZ
10th Congress (1995) BIAŁYSTOK
11th Congress (1998) ŁÓDŹ
12th Congress (2001) WARSZAWA (WARSAW)
13th Congress (2004) KRAKÓW
14th Congress (2007) SZCZECIN
15th Congress (2010) GDAŃSK
16th Congress (2013) WROCŁAW
17th Congress (2016) KATOWICE
The presentations which will get positive reviews will be published in the PTMSiK quarterly journal "Archive of Forensic Medicine and Criminology" („Archiwum Medycyny Sądowej i Kryminologii”).
18th Scientific Congress of the Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology will be held within the main campus of Medical University of Lublin in several buildings located within walking distance:
- Collegium Pathologicum (location of Chair and Department of Forensic Medicine of Medical University of Lublin) – Jaczewskiego 8b
- Jakliński Hall – upper hall named after prof. Andrzej Jakliński
- Kleinrok Hall – lower hall named after prof. Zdzisław Kleinrok
- Medical Simulation Center (http://csm.umlub.edu.pl/index.php/en/) – Chodźki 4 (CSM)
- Main Lecture hall
Congress Office localization and Opening Hours:
- September 18, 2019:
- 08:30 – 13:00 Collegium Pathologicum hall, Jaczewskiego 8b
- 13:30 – 17:00 Medical Simulation Center hall, Chodźki 4
- September 19, 2019:
- 08:30 – 18:30 Medical Simulation Center hall, Chodźki 4
- September 20, 2019:
- 08:30 – 13:30 Medical Simulation Center hall, Chodźki 4
- 14:00 – 18:30 Collegium Pathologicum hall, Jaczewskiego 8b
Lublin is the largest city of eastern Poland and the largest academic center to the east of Vistula river.
It has been founded in 1317. The celebrations of 700 years of Lublin history have just finished and this year the city commemorates 450 anniversary of Union of Lublin, which formed the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth.
Lublin offers wide range of tourist attractions worth visiting after the official part of the Congress.
September 17, 2019, Tue
09:00 – 18:00 genetic workshop
September 18, 2019, Wed
09:00 – 14:00 Thematic workshops
12:00 – 14:00 Board Meeting of the Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology
14:00 – 16:00 General Assembly of the Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology (CSM Hall)
17:00 – 18:00 Official Opening Ceremony
19:00 – 24:00 Official Dinner
September 19, 2019, Thu
09:00 – 09:30 Opening of the Congress, Guest Welcome, Ceremony of naming the lecture hall
09:30 – 13:00 Plenary sessions
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 18:00 Thematic sessions, Expert panel discussion
19:00 – 24:00 Meeting
September 20, 2019, Fri
09:30 – 13:00 Plenary sessions
13:00 – 14:00 Lunch
14:00 – 18:00 Thematic sessions
18:00 – 18:30 Closing ceremony of the official part of the Congress
This is the preliminary program and is subject to change.
Submitting abstract propositions (subject, title): 30 June 2019*
Submitting abstracts: 31 July 2019
Submitting registration form: 31 August 2019
Basic and reduced fee**: 30 June 2019
Increased fee: 31 August 2019
Accompanying person fee: 31 August 2019
General Assembly of the PTMSiK members 18 September 2019, at 2 p.m.
Opening ceremony 19 September 2019, at 9 a.m.
Closing ceremony 20 September 2019, at 6 p.m.
* – During the reviewing process the presentations which link different fields of forensic science and which may draw the biggest audience will be favorably qualified to the main sessions – the organizers reserve the rights to make changes to the schedule of main, thematic and poster sessions.
** – reduced fee applies to participants up to 35 years of age, retired and honorary members of the PTMSiK
- reduced fee (preferential)** 350 PLN
- basic fee (regular) 500 PLN
- increased fee (received after 30 June 2019) 600 PLN
The fee for the congress participants includes participation in all scientific sessions, conference materials, coffee and refreshments during breaks, two lunches (19.09, 20.09), participation in the gala dinner (18.09) and a social event (outdoor event) combined with dinner (19.09).
- accompanying person fee 250 PLN
The fee for accompanying persons includes participation in the gala dinner (18.09) and a social event combined with dinner (19.09).
All congress fees must be paid into the account provided in the registration form.
- failure to pay the fee by 31 August 2019 will be treated as resignation from participation in the Congress.
- in case of resignation from participation in the Congress after 31 August 2019, the organizers do not refund the fee.
Links to download electronic registration and presentation forms:
Confirmation of registration and presentation forms will be made only by email immediately after verifying the completeness of the received information and after being accepted by the Scientific Committee of the Congress.
The author will be notified to which session the presentation was qualified (main, thematic or poster) via email.
Conference participants are invited to make reservations by contacting the hotel reception individually. For conference participants and guests special arrangements have been made with some selected hotels in Lublin and a number of rooms was reserved. Unconfirmed reservations will be held till 16 August 2018 and after this time the booking is not guaranteed by the Organizers.
List of hotels with reduced prices for Congress participants.
Keywords: „XVIII Congress of the Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology” (the deadline for special offer is 16 August 2018 or until the reserved rooms are available):
Hotel Forum, Obywatelska 8 street
tel. +48 81 452 85 00; mobile: +48 519 404 408; email@example.com
- double room, breakfast included- 250 PLN/day
- single room, breakfast included - 170 PLN/day
- inner parking – reservation not required; extra payment may be charged
Hotel Hampton by Hilton, Aleja Kompozytorów Polskich 1
tel. +48 81 477 90 50; firstname.lastname@example.org
- double room, breakfast included - 270 PLN/day
- single room, breakfast included - 230 PLN/day
- underground parking - 30 PLN/day
Hotels Lublin, Podzamcze 7 street
tel. +48 81 747 44 07; mobile +48 601 799 386; email@example.com (40% down payment required)
- 3-bed room, breakfast included - 225 PLN/day
- double room, breakfast included - 179 PLN/day
- single room, breakfast included - 120 PLN/day
- free parking
Apartamenty Browar Perła, Bernardyńska 15 street
tel. +48 81 71 01 208; mobile +48 667 997 103; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 5-bed room, breakfast not included - 360 PLN/day (10% discount offered)
- 4-bed room, breakfast not included - 330 PLN/day (10% discount offered)
- 3-bed room, breakfast not included - 300 PLN/day (10% discount offered)
- double room, breakfast not included - 250 PLN/day (10% discount offered)
- single room, breakfast not included - 170 PLN/day (10% discount offered)
- free parking
- our guests have the option of taking advantage of free sightseeing of the unusual underground route of the Perła Brewery. The guided tour ends with a beer tasting.
Domy Studenckie UM w Lublinie, Chodźki street
tel. +48 81 448 57 42, +48 81 448 57 12
- single room - 75 PLN/day
- double room - 110 PLN/day
Please note, the number of rooms is limited .
Selected offer from other hotels:
Hotel Victoria, Narutowicza 58/60 street
tel. +48 81 532 70 11 - 13; mobile +48 577 600 903; email@example.com
- double room, breakfast included - 200 PLN/day
- single room, breakfast included - 150 PLN/day
Hotel Locomotiva, Północna 28c street
tel. +48 81 441 19 99; firstname.lastname@example.org
- double room, breakfast included - 269 PLN/day
- single room, breakfast included - 209 PLN/day
Hotel Ilan, Lubartowska 85 street
te. +48 81 745 03 47;mobile +48 506 196 017; email@example.com
- double room - 212 PLN/day
Apartament Cube, Józefa Mackiewicza 9 street
mobile +48 502 020 501; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 170 PLN/day / apartment
Hotel PZM, Bolesława Prusa 8 street
tel. +48 81 533 42 32; email@example.com
- single room 170 PLN/day
Hotel Campanile, Lubomelska 14-16 street
tel. +48 81 531 84 00; mobile +48 223 072 337; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 175 PLN/day
Grand Hotel, Krakowskie Przedmieście 56 street
tel. +48 81 446 61 00; email@example.com
- single room 310 PLN/day
Hotel Europa, Krakowskie Przedmieście 29 street
tel. +48 81 535 03 03; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 206 PLN/day
Hotel Wieniawski, Sądowa 6 street
tel. +48 81 459 92 00; mobile 515 595 507; email@example.com
- 203 PLN/day
Hotel Alter, Grodzka 30 street
tel. +48 81 516 90 90; mobile +48 601 902 800; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 600 PLN/day/person
Rezydencja Waksman, Grodzka 19 street
tel. +48 81 532 54 54; email@example.com
- 190 PLN/day
Rezydencja Cleopatra, Grodzka 26 street
Mobile +48 739 078 136; rezydencjacleopatra@rezydencjacleopatralublin
- 170 PLN/day
Apartamenty Kamienica Muzyków Lublin, Rynek 16 street
Mobile +48 500 727 555; kamienicamuzykow@komienicamuzykowlublin
Hotel Grodzka 20, Grodzka 20 street
tel. +48 81 524 11 02; hotelgrodzka@hotelgrodzka20
- 206 PLN/day
Dom na Podwalu, Podwale 15 street
tel. +48 81 532 41 38; firstname.lastname@example.org
- 120 PLN/day
The number of rooms is limited and early booking is advisable.
Information for authors
The participants will have the opportunity to present their presentations in four ways:
- presentation in the main session (estimated time – 15 minutes, including a short discussion)
- oral presentation in a thematic session (estimated time – 10 minutes, including a short discussion)
- poster presentation (in the form of a vertical printout with a standard format up to 70 x 100 cm)
- electronic presentations (size A3 - 300 DPI, maximum size in pixels 3500x5000, orientation portrait, PDF file format - one page only)
Abstracts (of each type of presentation) prepared in a structural form in accordance with the attached template (menu Files for download: presentation form.docx) should be sent by e-mail to the address: email@example.com; the preferred form of the presentation should be selected.
Accepted abstracts will be included in the conference materials (provided that the congress fee was made).
Due to the time required to prepare and print the congress materials, they will only contain abstracts sent by 31 July 2019.
Papers presented during the Congress, after positive review process will be published in the journal "Archive of Forensic Medicine and Criminology".
Chair and Department of Forensic Medicine of Medical University of Lublin
Jaczewskiego 8b (Collegium Pathologicum)
+48 81448 6470
+48 81448 6480
+48 81448 6471
Files to download:
The congress messages will be successively updated on the website:
When you visit our website you enable us to collect data. The team organizing the 18th Scientific Congress of the Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology believes it is important to safeguard your personal information with the utmost care.
Terms and Conditions of Use
This website is the official website of the 18th Scientific Congress of the Polish Society of Forensic Medicine and Criminology and is owned by the Medical University of Lublin (hereafter called MUL) and operated by their appointed team. By using the website, you acknowledge that you have read and understood these Terms and Conditions, and agree to be bound by them. You should read and familiarize yourself with these Terms and Conditions prior to using the website. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions you must immediately stop using the website.
Unless otherwise indicated, intellectual property in all information, data, images, logos and trademarks contained in this website is owned by or licensed to MUL all rights are reserved. This website is the property of MUL and provides independent information to the visitors about the 18th Congress, venue, dates, payments, scientific program etc.
Except as required for the purpose of using this website, or as otherwise permitted under by laws, you must not copy, reproduce, adapt, transmit, broadcast, make available, redistribute, publish or otherwise deal with any part of this website without our prior written consent. You must not use any trademarks, service marks or logos which appear or are used on this website, nor do anything to prejudice the rights of the owner or licensee of such trademarks, service marks or logos. Action will be taken against non-official providers who contact people on behalf of MUL or sell services that conflict with or take advantage of the official conference services.
We do not represent or warrant that the website will be accessible or available on a timely basis, or that access to the website will be uninterrupted or error free.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions obliges us to continue operating all or any part of the website. We may modify or shut down the website (or any part of it) at any time without any liability on our part.
Links to Third Party Sites
This website contains links to other websites maintained by third parties. We do not make any representation as to the accuracy or suitability of any of the information contained on those other websites, and do not accept any responsibility or liability for the conduct, content or products or services of those other websites.
We do not warrant that any data (including any file) obtained through this website is free from computer viruses or other faults or defects. It is your responsibility to ensure that you use appropriate virus scanning software. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused (whether negligently or otherwise) by any virus transmitted through this website.
Disclaimer and Indemnity
While we will attempt to ensure that the information provided on the website is correct, we cannot guarantee its reliability, accuracy or completeness. Such information is provided on an “as is” basis, without warranties of any kind, either express or implied.
In no event shall MUL, or any of our staff, employees, contractors or agents (altogether “MUL and Staff”) be liable for any loss, damage, claim, expense, cost or liability arising from, or relating to, your use or non-use of the website, or your reliance upon information contained upon the website.
A right relating to these Terms and Conditions may only be waived by us in writing. Our failure to exercise or enforce any rights or any provision of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of such right or provision unless acknowledged and agreed to by us in writing.
Please contact the organizers with any questions or requests: firstname.lastname@example.org